Curvy brings new speed to 3D modelling by letting you draw shapes straight into 3D. Create whole models with just a few strokes. Sculpting 3D graphics for art and games is quick and hassle free.
Colours and shapes are easy to work with using Curvy's artist friendly tools. You can sketch and paint colours, forms and bumps directly onto your 3D models, and then export models and textures for use in other 3D programs.
• Microsoft Windows
• DirectX 8.0 compatible 3D Graphics Card
• GeForce3 Ti graphics
• 256 Mb RAM
• 1.0 GHz CPU
• Draw a profile to create a fully rounded 3D form immediately, then draw more curves to refine the shape.
• Draw more forms to create organic characters and creatures.
• Soft move tools let you shape curves and meshes by dragging them.
• Import SVG Curves
• Separate shapes can be merged together to create a continuous skin using Voxel Merge or Weld.
• "Boolean And" and Subtract operators can also be applied to cut into a model.
• Warp brushes add details to the model surface creating bumps and grooves as you paint.
• Includes Inflate, Deflate, Pinch, Smooth and Flatten brushes.
• Meshes divide as you sculpt putting the detail exactly where you need it and keeping the overall triangle count down. You can even reverse the process where needed with a new mesh simplification tool.
• Paint on colour, specular, and bumpmaps in either the 3D views or on the 2D textures.
• Use a variety of brush shapes, a dropper tool and a smooth brush to work on texture maps.
• Curvy 3D objects are created with ready made UV maps so you can just select a brush and start painting.
• Curvy Lightmap technology lets you apply materials and lighting together. Choose from plastic, clay or metallic Lightmaps (and many more) or paint your own.
• New Image Inflate tool takes a silhouette or greyscale image and produces a 3D model using Heightmap, Bubble, Bevel and Extrude styles. Most of the pieces of armour in this screenshot were created from Inflated Images.
• Draw Lathes and use Quick Merge All to turn them into a smooth skin ready for sculpting.
• Curvy 3D is very fast at making an accurate basemesh for high resolution sculpting.
• Export models to OBJ to animate and render in other software like Blender.
• The rendered images on this page with advanced Hair and Lighting were created using Curvy 3D models exported to Blender to use the Cycles renderer.
• Export textures to edit in your own graphics software.
• Pose Models using groups.
• Mirror Mesh to make any mesh symmetrical.
For the newest developments in Curvy 3D check out the New Features Forum