Trying for photorealism in the render

Show us your Curvy art here
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Trying for photorealism in the render

Post by mykyl »

Using two Curvy models (The spitfire is an old model I did a long time ago) rendered in Carrara 3. ARtifacts are caused by reducing the file size and quality. Its much better in the original here on my machine.

Is it just me or is this site getting quieter and quieter.

Cheers

Mike R
Monsoon
Curvy3D Professional

Post by Monsoon »

That's some good GI there. I like the spitfire. Yeah, it's kind of low key here...I think it comes in waves. The same thing happens in my Vue forum at the Commune.
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

i've deffinitly think its gettin quite here. i'm wtill workin on that table fan. I know its over but I wanna get it out anyway. I"m goin for photo realism as well. Mine is a unique fan, you'll see.
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
cabletoru
Curvy3D Professional

Post by cabletoru »

Oh well... guess we'll just have to talk amongst ourselves then. :twisted:

Nice effects mykyl (love the red reflections in the chrome)... although I think the brick reflections are a bit ott on the headlights... other than that, I can see that car running over that spitfire, breaking the heart of it's little owner.
Using a computer so old...
even the old testament refers to it as a fossil
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

The brick texture is actually a bump map but at the angle the image is taken at it looks more like a reflection than a clear bump on the lights.

Mike R
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

i'm guessing the brick pattern is actually the type of lense. Kinda like ours, but ours "american" have vertical lines.
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

Yes you are right. Its the lens pattern.

Cheers

Mike R