Second life

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
marnie

Second life

Post by marnie »

Hi i am a new user of curvy. I tried to make something and sent it to second life but it came all messed up in. I watch the you tube clip for making a car seat, but i still don't get it. I even read what he wrote under it. But i don't understand it. Could anybody help me please? And please keep in mind that saying just do this do that is maybe not enough because i am a new user. So i need to know where and how the do that and do this is done.
Thank you so much

Please don't look at my mistakes in writing,because English is not my first language.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Hi Marnie,
Have you tried a simple model import to SL?

In this example you draw a Lathe object with a single line, then choose "File/Export Sculpties" from the menu.

It may appear inside out in SL, so you can use the "Flip Normals" inside SL to turn it right way out.

If you can get this kind of simple model working then we can discuss more complex stuff :) Don't try merging or meshes until the basic sculpties are exporting OK.
marnie

Post by marnie »

Thank you so much i did what you said and it worked.
I would like the next step please, because i want to make flowers in curvy for second life.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

There are lots of different techniques to make flowers - each depending on what kind of flower you want to make and how much detail you need. I expect a lot of the detail will go in the texture map, and you will just need to make the basic shape in Curvy.

The basic method is the same as for the wine glass - imagine the flower drawn from the side and draw a line from the top-middle of the flower to the bottom where the stem attaches following the outline of the shape.

Here is an example file - select the objects to see their curves
http://www.curvy3d.com/images/Flowers.cvy

Then you can use the curvy map and mesh tools to distort the basic shape to make it more natural.
jayd

Post by jayd »

Hi when uploading to Second Life or any of the new virtual worlds make sure that your upload is set to "lossless compression" --this is very important.

Lastly, make sure you check your stitching inworld---but your problem sounds more like a compression issue.

Lastly, be aware that viewer 2.0 seems to have some sculpt viewing issues for me but i think Linden is working it out.

and Lastly, lastly--check out the new viewer Firestorm--its a friendly version of the Linden Viewer 2.0