Exporting a Posed Model to Blender as OBJ

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
weswes

Exporting a Posed Model to Blender as OBJ

Post by weswes »

Hey Simon,

Is there anyway I can turn a posed mesh into and OBJ so that I can use that posed obj in Blender. I don't know if I'm missing something, which is often the case. Thank you good sir.

Also, i am so annoying.......i can't help it.....could we have a grow and shrink mask option by increment. lets say my mask is a 10x10 pixel selection, grow selection would make it 12x12, scaling it higher. then i could refine my mask, then shrink the selection, and do extrudes and things with nice edges. i know that the pinch feature is really nice for edges but i think this could be useful. sorry about the spamming of suggestions.
-Weswes
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: Exporting a Posed Model to Blender as OBJ

Post by Simon »

Hmm. I managed to crash it trying to get a model with bones exported. It's not something I've done before - I'd hoped at least I could bake the bones deformation into a regular mesh to export. Might need to add that as an option - or just handle the export better and include the pose.

I'm still not happy with posing - it is something I need to do quite a lot, but at the moment I tend to just use masks instead of bones.

For precise masks I use "Mesh/Slice by/Curve" it cuts through the mesh adding new triangles to make the area under the curve a precisely masked area, good for extruding and precise edges.

Love the suggestions :)
weswes

Post by weswes »

Thank you for the quick reply like always.

I was trying to do fine extrudes on a mech robot, so that is why i asked for the mask increment tool...BUT..... i voxel merged two slabs at .001 in the voxel merge properties and that did the trick for a really clean mesh.

Lofts are working for me too.

I am hoping to have this mech made to show you how I would like to use the bones.

I also have a slight workaround i believe with the bones but it isn't ideal so I am not sweating....i hope. I'm doing game development on my own and making things fast and fun for me is a big priority.

Hope you are doing great kind sir.

** I will try your slice by method for sure
sculptor

Post by sculptor »

In case anyone is interested, a few years ago when i was really into animated models. i found
fragmotion very very useful. http://www.fragmosoft.com/fragMOTION/index.php

Quite easy to rig a curvy model and has some great conversion uses.(import and export)

CAUTION :- always use a copy of your model because you can easily mess things up especially while learning the app.

i haven't used it for a few years but it was one of my favourite utilities (30 dollars i think ).