Shade smooth, shade flat

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
tumira

Shade smooth, shade flat

Post by tumira »

Hi,

Currently new with curvy3d. In blender we have an option to shade smooth or shade flat on object. How to do this in curvy3d ?

I'm asking because If I want to let say create a vase as a prop for my game, I dont need it to be really high poly so in curvy I just use lathe to create it, then reduce the resolution a bit, uv unwrap it for texturing. After that If I exported it directly (as obj) to the game engine (example Godot), currently it will show as shade flat, basically I can see the quads on the vase or object. Just to be clear it is not the shape problem but the surface of the props problem. Right now I need to use blender just to shade it smooth before export it again.

How to do this in Curvy ? If it is not supported currently, Can I request this feature ?

I have attach the screenshot in godot editor. On the left is directly exported from curvy and on the right is from blender. Both are exported as obj and both have same polygons.

Thanks
Attachments
Curvy vs Blender ShadeSmooth.jpg
Curvy vs Blender ShadeSmooth.jpg (191.41 KiB) Viewed 9843 times
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: Shade smooth, shade flat

Post by Simon »

The flat shaded toggle is in the object properties panel, under the sliders around the middle of the screen, where there are a group of icon buttons.