New to Curvy 3D

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
thimblefolio

New to Curvy 3D

Post by thimblefolio »

Hello, I tried the demo for Curvy 3D a few days ago and was really impressed with the software. I've been learning 3D for around 2 years so I have basics of Blender and I own 3D Coat, but your drawing with curves and inflate image to heightmap features intrigued me. I really like the workflow of drawing shapes using reference images after initially trying software like Smoothie 3D and Archipelis Designer. Those software have limitations that are frustrating at times though and haven't been updated in ages, so i thought I'd give Curvy 3D a go. The sketching in 3D approach really appeals to me as I come from a 2D art background.
I just wanted to ask a few questions please:

1: the demo doesn't seem to support pressure sensitivity with my Ugee 2150 tablet- is this because it doesn't have that feature in the software?
2: Are you still working on the inflate image to mesh feature? I really like that feature, but it would be nice to have an option to define an alternate back face image like I can in 3D Coat as well. No problem if not though, your method worked much better than in 3D Coat. I made a mesh using that feature and then applied textures and rendered it in Blender.
renderdoorlightweb.jpg
renderdoorlightweb.jpg (101.07 KiB) Viewed 21160 times
Thanks.
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: New to Curvy 3D

Post by Simon »

That's a lovely door design. It wouldn't be much trouble to allow a different image for back face of a model - I'll take a look.

Graphics Tablet pressure is currently unsupported. I tried adding it in the past but it didn't play well with the on screen controls.
thimblefolio

Post by thimblefolio »

Thanks that would be super if you could do that one day. No problem about the pressure on the tablet I can live without it. Plan to use Curvy to help make base meshes with 3D Coat anyway so it isn't an issue, I just wanted to check in case it was my tablet or something. I'll be purchasing a copy of this wonderful program soon, I really like it, keep up the good work! :D
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Hi, I've added a separate back face image to Image Inflate, it will be in the next update.

You can also use this to add a flat backing to your inflated object by using a simple solid black image on the rear side.
thimblefolio

Post by thimblefolio »

Thanks those features will be really useful :-)
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

I love that door you have created.
thimblefolio

Post by thimblefolio »

Thanks :-) I made a video of the progress as well if you want to see: https://youtu.be/msGQJR3hWqE
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Thanks for the video - it's great to see all those apps working well together and an excellent result that really shows off the original door design well.
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

I agree.Thank you for the video. Good to see the workflow of others.
weswes

Post by weswes »

great model.