Dragon Goblet

Show us your Curvy art here
Simon
C.E.O.

Dragon Goblet

Post by Simon »

Experimenting with dragon scales using Proxy Array, Deform/Bend, Brush Strokes to create, wrap and deform the scales into place.
dragon.jpg
dragon.jpg (78.57 KiB) Viewed 2539 times
moogaloonie

Re: Dragon Goblet

Post by moogaloonie »

This looks great! Unfortunately, I still can never tell when you are posting images made in Curvy and when you are posting Curvy models rendered in blender. I know you were working on a new material system and lighting rigs, but have not noticed any new beta releases.
I can see Curvy's potential for making base meshes for refinement elsewhere, but always liked the idea of Curvy becoming something like Deluxe Paint for 3D... A program for making 2D game art, icons, etc. without need for another program. Every 3D program now tries to fit into a pipeline of some sort, there aren't many 3D programs designed for beginning to end illustration. zBrush comes to mind of course, but it's also expensive and has a steep learning curve due to having had so many things shoehorned into it.
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: Dragon Goblet

Post by Simon »

This one was a Layered Screenshot directly from Curvy, then mixing the ambient occlusion layer with the plain render. Using Curvy's regular lightmaps (matcaps).

I agree with the 3D tool to make 2D graphics, I added a set of isometric views to help in that regard.