Curvy Model Challenge

Show us your Curvy art here
cabletoru
Curvy3D Professional

Post by cabletoru »

Sorry, computer died on me earlier... twice :x ... and darn if it ain't always with the BEEP browser, opening a new window.

Image rendered in C4D v9. Hairdept is the free plugin. I could only apply the leaf material to the tree leaves as there weren't as many polys as compared to the grass areas which was split into 4 groups...

Texturing the leaves went like this... each leaf is 2 sections in HairDept equalling 2 polys once generated... when you look at the default UV they are the same as Curvy's rows of triangles. I had to select one half of each leaf in "UV View" (meaning just the upper triangles or lower triangles in a row)... used "max UV" which turned the triangle into a full square, then transformed the selection to fit half the texture, did the same with the other half.... voila... texture on Hairdeprt leaves.

Can't do it where there is a lot of foliage (in my case grass) though, have to use tiny selections for densly (sp?) grassed areas.... but grass could be textured... it just could hurt.
Using a computer so old...
even the old testament refers to it as a fossil
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

Would be nice if Hair department had a tip object like the hair app in Carrara.

e.g. your blade of grass can be made of diffirent shapes like stem and head. etc

Nice to see it. When did you get C4D?

By the way I now use Firefox as my browser. So far I like it but its only been 24 hours. ;)

Mike R
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

I like your abstract bigH. :)
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
cabletoru
Curvy3D Professional

Post by cabletoru »

Hairdept has a start, mid and end point options under "hairform" options... there's a tutorial type thread about making grass with hairdept in the cgtalk forums... used this method to generate the grass.

From what I recall from the hairdept manual it can create differing shaped heads... not too sure whether it could be used to create something to resemble a stalk with a seed head etc... I didn't really pay that much attention to it... was more interested in trying to see how the objects could be textured.

C4d is not mine.... belongs to our local Tech.... I just have access (when I get the time), and a user account :D

I have firefox... but hate it... I also have Opera... which I like better than firefox... but I just prefer Avant better (habit)... unfortunately Avant is IE based and eversince I installed SP2... I've been having nothing but trouble.
bigH
Curvy3D Professional

Post by bigH »

thanks MR. NEMO

working on some thing new - hope to post soon . :roll:
cabletoru
Curvy3D Professional

Post by cabletoru »

Ok.. seeing as how our usual challenge makers seem to be taking a break from choosing items to be made... here's one for ya.

I want to see an ent!!
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

What's an ent? Then I'll try, lol
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
cabletoru
Curvy3D Professional

Post by cabletoru »

An ent is one of the walking/talking tree's from the LOTR Two Towers movie.
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

AH, got it. I forgot thats what they are called. Thanks
cabletoru
Curvy3D Professional

Post by cabletoru »

click for fullsize

My offering: A pair of ents deep in debate about their taking ent-irely too long a time to finish a conversation.

Just a quickie... didn't want to fiddle with it too much. Curvy rendered over a nice woody background.
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

That is VERY nice cabletoru. They look great. How long did it take you to model and texture it?
cabletoru
Curvy3D Professional

Post by cabletoru »

All up it took about 20 minutes. Didn't feel the need to put too much effort into it (hiding gaps/seams etc), as the haphazard way they're built seemed to work ok.
bigH
Curvy3D Professional

Post by bigH »

nice , you getting to fast at this :wink:
Monsoon
Curvy3D Professional

Post by Monsoon »

Wow..great entage there Cable. I do have some catching up to do. I've been away getting SeaVue kit ready for distribution. But I'm not bucking any challenge...I'll be back in a day or two and be right behind ya!!