Quick Tips: My Curvy3D and Blender Workflow

weswes

Quick Tips: My Curvy3D and Blender Workflow

Post by weswes »

sry delete thread pls really not relevant anymore since i'm using remesher lol
Last edited by weswes on Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: Quick Tips: My Curvy3D and Blender Workflow

Post by Simon »

Thanks for the workflow :)

I'll get you liking Slabs - much better control of vertex spacing round a slab in 5 to avoid verts too close together. Also you can make a totally flat (1 triangle thick) slab, increase the resolution + relax to make an even mesh, then thicken or extrude.

Sorting out exported materials is a pain at the moment, I'll batch together all the copies that are the same, remove the white.jpgs and rename them to match the objects they were used on in Curvy. Might even add an export option to strip all the materials, join groups by material.
weswes

Post by weswes »

Simon wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:40 am Thanks for the workflow :)

I'll get you liking Slabs - much better control of vertex spacing round a slab in 5 to avoid verts too close together. Also you can make a totally flat (1 triangle thick) slab, increase the resolution + relax to make an even mesh, then thicken or extrude.

Sorting out exported materials is a pain at the moment, I'll batch together all the copies that are the same, remove the white.jpgs and rename them to match the objects they were used on in Curvy. Might even add an export option to strip all the materials, join groups by material.
Oh, I'll have to play with the new slab. It sounds like it could be a quick solution. But I don't think my love for lofts will ever wane. Lofts can build things using copy and pasted curves over several lofts, like bat wings etc. Just amazing.

I don't think erasing materials is too big of a deal tbh. Its usually three right clicks and it's done. But if it is something easy for you to exclude then it would be great to avoid that step all together.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

I think you must have a better method than me! I often have 30+ models and I have to clear the material out of each before adding a new material. I know I can copy a material to all of the objects at once somehow, but I often don't want to totally lose my colours and textures from Curvy.
weswes

Post by weswes »

Simon wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:13 pm I think you must have a better method than me! I often have 30+ models and I have to clear the material out of each before adding a new material. I know I can copy a material to all of the objects at once somehow, but I often don't want to totally lose my colours and textures from Curvy.
I never try and save any materials from Curvy because I feel like it doubles the work in that portion of the task.
weswes

Post by weswes »

UPDATE:

I've been Returning, Quad-Meshes from Blender to Curvy, and I find that masking selections of my mesh, turning off polish and subdivide, and using smooth, soft move, pinch and groove work very nicely. Ill put a picture up in the original link.

This is powerful.