I'm Baaaaaaaack....

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
mamaswami

I'm Baaaaaaaack....

Post by mamaswami »

Hi Simon. :)

Remember me? I was one of the first to beta test Curvy years back, coming in as an artist totally clueless about 3d construction. I came up with the Cleo and Aztec Eagle Knight images way early on. :)

It's been years, but I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to play with my computer. However, I'm about to retire and the first thing I thought of was getting a new copy of Curvy. I was delighted to see 3.0 while perusing the DAZ site, and downloaded it.

However, it is asking for the infamous KEYCODE, and I didn't get one from the DAZ site. The DAZ site is extremely user-unfriendly, and I haven't been able to figure out how to ask them for one. Any ideas?

Nice to see you still up and operating! :)
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: I'm Baaaaaaaack....

Post by Simon »

Hey! :D Welcome back!

I'm not sure how the back end of Daz's shop works or what their system is for keys... so I'll pm you with a key.
mamaswami

Post by mamaswami »

Thanks, Simon! :)

It's great to be back and still see some familiar faces (so to speak!) around here.

I imagine I'll be spending a while learning the new program, but I do intend to participate here on the forum when I get the hang of it. Shouldn't take too long if it's much like the 1.0 version. Just more sophisticated, I imagine?
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

IMHO I think even simpler than 1.0 to get started with - lots of 3D basics like Grids and Drag Handles make basic editing easier, and has lots of very helpful tools when you want to dig deeper (Treading on the toes of sculpting software like Sculptris and Mudbox)
mamasw

Post by mamasw »

Great news, Simon. :) After all, you were the REAL pioneer in this fabulous method. I was looking at the gallery and seeing some fabulous stuff there. I'm anxious to get going!

(Logged in under my old ID :) )
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

Nice to see some old faces round here. Old as in long time users not age related. ;)
mamasw

Post by mamasw »

mykyl wrote:Nice to see some old faces round here. Old as in long time users not age related. ;)
Hi Mykie! Long time no see! It's great to be back. :)
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook
bigH
Curvy3D Professional

Post by bigH »

good to hear from the old folks :D