I was thinking about a plug-in for curvy 3d

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
Akura

I was thinking about a plug-in for curvy 3d

Post by Akura »

I know you can do rigging inside Curvy BUT can you make a plug-in that lets you export your rigged character for use In Poser with the Bones intact so you can pose your new creation inside Poser without having to re-bone it? I honestly believe that would boast your sells by ALLOT.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Hi Akura, I did have a look at this while working on Curvy 2 - but it was a bit too complicated. I think there are tools that let you rig exported OBJ for use in Poser, but they tend to be fairly tricky.
Akura

Post by Akura »

Simon wrote:Hi Akura, I did have a look at this while working on Curvy 2 - but it was a bit too complicated. I think there are tools that let you rig exported OBJ for use in Poser, but they tend to be fairly tricky.
yeah. but how do the creators with Daz do the rigging?? they must be using a program that lets them export the bones?
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Usually software for that costs $5000 to $10000... so it is not an easy software to write.
Akura

Post by Akura »

Simon wrote:Usually software for that costs $5000 to $10000... so it is not an easy software to write.
:O that is allot of money for programs like that. hmmmm well I do hope in the future you do attempt this.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

I agree it is a useful feature - so I will keep thinking of ways to make it easy to use, and how best to fit it together with Poser. I certainly want to improve the bones, rigging, skinning in Curvy to help animating my own characters so eventually that could catch up and fit in with Poser.