Pleasee help :/

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
A_Teeny_Bikini

Pleasee help :/

Post by A_Teeny_Bikini »

Im new to curvy but loving it!!.......I need help!.... hope someone can tell me (pleaseeeeeeeeee tell me what Im doing wrong lol)....I have made a lathe object.......performed a cut by subtracting children......all is well.....deleted the original parts and left with just the mesh...just like i want it.......how do i export as a sculptie??...i selected "file"..."export sculpties"..saved as a .BMP file......but its not right...instead of the usual sculpty map (to be used in secondlife).....its looks like a silhouette of the image i made with a black background....what i need is the sculptie map (normally looks like a rainbow colored image)...what am I doing wrong..please please help...I have made awesome merged objects i just need to be able to export for use in SecondLife......thanks in advance for any help ya'll can give me :?
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Hi, and welcome to the forum :)

I hope you have tried exporting non-merged non-sub objects into SL first - that is the easy way (Tutorial)

To export merged and sub objects you need to a bit more preparation work on the model - it may look tricky at first, but once you have mastered the steps involved you will be able to get your more complex sculpties into SL and they will look great!
This technique involves turning a mesh back into a simple curvy lathe object, so it can be directly exported to SL. Here is a Tutorial - You don't need to do the "Inflate" part as you already have your mesh, just steps 5-7 in the tutorial.

If there are actual holes going through your model, or the model is very complex it is worth using more than one lathe to represent the model - use the same technique, placing small lathes to cover different parts of the model. I used this trick to make my dragon head.

If you want even more detail (who wouldn't?) send me a pm with your order number and I'll give you access to the beta - with Ambient Occlusion & Shademap rendering - helps capture all the little details in a texture map. eg: This head was captured from the full model below - but there is nothing stopping you exporting all parts of a big model as sculpties with these techniques.