Cubify Sense 3D Scanner

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Cubify Sense 3D Scanner

Post by Mr.Nemo »

So I picked one of these up the other day, http://cubify.com/sense/ , I also got the Cubify Sculpt software. It ships March 14, I'll post scans as soon as I can :)
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

That gizmo is totally sci-fi!

I couldn't find much of a gallery on their site - the output looks a bit blurry, look forward to seeing your scans. The 3D print of the wedding cake was very cute.
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

Yeah, I'm super stoked to get it. It actually shipped today instead of the 14th. Oh well, it'll be here soon. I agree Simon, there aren't many good pictures or videos. The few videos I've seen show it being demonstrated but not put through a whole scan process. It was a bit of a low resolution quick scan, which surprisingly produced some pretty amazing results. I can't wait to spend time to do a good full accurate and detailed scan. I'll keep this thread updated with some progress. Speaking of progress, I'd like to post my website for the company Physi3d that my brother and I have. http://www.Physi3d.com My brother designed and put the site together. We 3d print things, prototypes, art, functional, and many other categories of objects. I'm not here to advertise :) Since it's 3D related, I'd thought I'd mention it. We can print 3d Curvy models by the way :p
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Re: Cubify Sense 3D Scanner

Post by Mr.Nemo »

I have finally got the Cubify Sense Scanner. Man on man is this thing fun. It scans to scale, which surprised me. Here's a picture of the scanner with our first scanned and printed object. The skull took about 3 hours to print. Also worth noting, although the specs are pretty high, I tried on a dual core 2.1 laptop with 6 gigs of ram. I get about 5-6 fps on high scan. So it's doable on lesser machines for anyone who's interested. I get about 15 fps on medium on the laptop. My quad core 3ghz and AMD radeon HD 6650 gets about 15 fps on high. I'm going to import the STL into Blender and Curvy do finer sculpting to get the details sharper and more matching the original.
Simon
C.E.O.

Re: Cubify Sense 3D Scanner

Post by Simon »

Interesting to see this working in practice, looks like a good 3D shape, despite the complex pattern and shiny surface.

If it was me I'd want to try a live head :)