Geometrical Shapes?

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
Bunderfeld

Geometrical Shapes?

Post by Bunderfeld »

Greetings Friends, I am hoping someone might be able to assist me with making some Geometrical Shapes, such as a Cube, Triangle, Rectangle, etc etc. Also, how would one alter one of these shapes, such as take your Triangle, make it .5 meters on all sides, then cut off the top of the Triangle, the pointy end, leaving a smooth flat surface.

Lastly, I will want to turn these shapes into Sculpts so I can take them into InWorldz.

Thanks for the assistance,

Bob Sadler
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

It is best to make geometrical shapes in other software, such as blender, then import into Curvy as OBJ files. (It is possible to inflate images of circle/triangle/rectangle too - but you will still need the conversion step described below.)

Once in Curvy you can use this technique to turn it into a sculptie (following steps after "Draw lathe inside sword" to make a new lathe conform to your geometric primitive)
sculptor

Post by sculptor »

just a suggestion that wings3d might be easier to produce basic shapes for some people.
blender can be a very techy interface :)

right click in wings3d to choose your primitives
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

Wings3D is a good one and also GMax. It's a free modeler/animator from Autodesk. http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax It's a very light version of 3D Studio Max. I've used it before and it's quite easy to produce basic shapes. In fact, a lot of them are available on the side in the create menu.
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.