supplying complete info on Curvy installation problem

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
friedemann

supplying complete info on Curvy installation problem

Post by friedemann »

Seeing as most email is piecemeal and one has to figure out WTF the person is asking...here is a rundown of the tags that show up when I try to install curvy3d

Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 04:21:01 +0000 (UTC)
To: "customersupport@audible.com" <customersupport@audible.com>,
"audible-cssurvey-feedback@amazon.com" <audible-cssurvey-feedback@amazon.com>
Subject: Customer Survey Response

I have read the reply. I have no known malware, spyware,viruses,trojans, or web site redirectors, I learned more about Malware protection than I did about using computer for personal use in the early years.

Cleanliness Confirmed by multiple third party programs and by MSE

BUt being you are so cool and responding I will give you the Rundown of the Flags.in order.
D3D9
Not enough video memory. Switching to reference rasterizer a software device that implements the entire Direct3D feature set but runs very slowly.
OK button
D3D9
Warning Nothing will be rendered. The reference rendering device was selected but yu computer only has a reduced functionality reference device installed. Install Direct X SDK to get the full reference device
(Have not done that) as is mostly GREEK to me
press OK button

D3D9
Generic application error. Enable debug output for detailed information. This sample will now exit.

The sales page

Curvy MFC Application Encountered a problem
Tell MS

( and I sent out a report)

I am not sure if trying to find the SDK is my next step or what.

I have WinXPpro fully updated with all service packs
AFAIK the computer has DICK for malware
I use Avira AV on paranoid setting

MSE which is not my cleaner but I tried out- found 0
So the multiple 3rd party tools I use seem to work fine as 0 is the number we are trying to reach.
Machine make ECS and so is motherboard.
Machine is a Pent 2, 1.o4GB Mhertz 512 Ram and about 40 GB of free space remaining Monitor is on 32bit color (though it has been true color at one time so that may be a driver selection.
I have DSL connection

Just seeking a solution if there is one.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

D3D9
Not enough video memory. Switching to reference rasterizer a software device that implements the entire Direct3D feature set but runs very slowly.

This is the most concerning part - it looks like your PC doesn't have powerful enough graphics card to run Curvy (perhaps it is a laptop with simple graphics support?)

Also Curvy is not affiliated with audible.com, they just happen to have the same dll problems as Curvy.
friedemann

thanks

Post by friedemann »

I know I am on a minimilist machine but I would rather buy property with my earnings than repeatitive spending for another machine that may last only 2 years.