Demo question before purchase

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
raphaella nightfire

Demo question before purchase

Post by raphaella nightfire »

Hi.. i have the demo but am unable to save as a bitmap/uv map. This makes it had to see how my sculpt looks in sl or Inworldz. Am i doing something wrong on the save or does the demo not have the save as uv map function?

I am loving how intuitive it is.. but i really want to see how they come out in prim form.

Please advise.

regards

raphaella
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Sculpties like the ones here are only available to export from the full version of Curvy 2. Exporting will always soften the details a bit.
raphaella nightfire

One more query, Simon :)

Post by raphaella nightfire »

Thanks for the reassurance.so I will bite the bullet and buy it because what I see I like so far and with organic shapes, softening is cool. Now one more question.. UV Maps.. does curvy do those or do I need to export to another program for that? (cos i way prefer working off maps where possible)
best regards

raphi
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

UV maps are created automatically as you sculpt in curvy - this lets you paint on the surface to create textures immediately. For Lathe objects that you will export to SL that is all you should need as UVs.

It gets more complicated if you merge objects together - you only get simple UVs in that case which repeat around the back of the model so sometimes need re-doing in a different app later.