Lathe problem

Discuss Curvy 3D - Ask questions and share ideas.
motleyjust

Lathe problem

Post by motleyjust »

I played with the demo a bit and just bought and installed the regular version.

In the demo when I used the lathe tool, I drew a line and a 3d lathe form appeared.

Now, when I use the lathe tool and draw a line, I have the line I just drew in red and a blue line representing the axis. no 3d form.
motleyjust

Post by motleyjust »

Also when I tried to open a thing saved in the demo version, the parts are listed in the groups area, but nothing shows in the view areas; same thing when I import an obj.

Please help, because basically I can't do anything in this version of Curvy.
:(
motleyjust

Post by motleyjust »

I don't know what happened, but it seems to be working now.
sculptor

Post by sculptor »

i think the installation of the bought version overwrites some of the demo installation and causes a few funnies (that was my experience anyway)so suggest not trying to work with both of them. :)
motleyjust

Post by motleyjust »

I took demo out before using pro for the first time, then when pro wouldn't work I put demo back in, then after a while pro worked. I don't really care much why, as long as it works.
motleyjust

Post by motleyjust »

I figured out what was wrong (sort of)
I had the demo installed when I installed pro. When I took the demo out nothing showed; not lathes, meshes, imported obj, etc.

I put the demo back in so I could at least use it, then the regular one worked.
I decided I didn't need the demo & pro installed, so I uninstalled demo. Same problem.
I figured uninstalling the demo removed some files necessary for Curvy Pro. Don't really know what.

I reinstalled Pro and it works fine.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Aha - sorry about that. I think if you use the same install path for the demo and the full version - then uninstall the demo - it will accidentally uninstall files needed by the full version.

Reinstalling Full version after uninstalling Demo will fix it.

Thanks for following this up with the solutions it is bound to help other people, and the next version of the demo will be more careful!
Artistniko

Re: Lathe problem

Post by Artistniko »

motleyjust wrote:I played with the demo a bit and just bought and installed the regular version.

In the demo when I used the lathe tool, I drew a line and a 3d lathe form appeared.

Now, when I use the lathe tool and draw a line, I have the line I just drew in red and a blue line representing the axis. no 3d form.
hey i have that same problem i used demo and bought full 2.0. i was unstalled demo while full is on. when i open to create lines and it turn funny just blue line with red dots something. when i read what all of u said. i will do unstall full one and make sure both unstall and hope to install full version to see if it solve the problem.