Another composite image started with Curvy 3D

Show us your Curvy art here
pfontaine2

Another composite image started with Curvy 3D

Post by pfontaine2 »

Here's another quickly done image that started in Curvy 3D for the basic model. Each building is actually built from one Curvy model, stacked on top of itself. The basic texturing was done in Curvy then saved out and completed in Photoshop.

The model was then exported as an .obj file and imported into Carrara where it was retextured using the upgraded Photoshop textures, lit and rendered.

The rendered image was then taken into Photoshop where levels were tweaked and some details were added such as the little pinpoints of light.

All in all, this image took about 3-4 hours to complete.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

I love these huge chunky buildings, good sense of scale. Lots of small detail in the texture too.
broken580

Post by broken580 »

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote
a truly delightful image which suggests an adventure story.

i wonder how easy/difficult it would be to rig a model like this for animation ?
Last edited by broken580 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

I'm sure the poly's would need to be dropped before any rigging would be done. Curvy can produce rather high poly models. However, the poly's can be adjusted directly in Curvy or exported to programs such as DogWaffle.
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
sculptor

Post by sculptor »

cool 8)