Cannibal

Show us your Curvy art here
Simon
C.E.O.

Cannibal

Post by Simon »

Character for a platform game. The middle character is at normal in-game resolution.

sculptor

Post by sculptor »

creepy
i suppose there are not many other
characters left in the game :lol:
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

These guys are the least of your worries, but they do have a taste for heroes :) I'll be posting more as I do them.

I've hacked in a bit of animation and rendering to the back end of Curvy so I can render out a walk-cycle, not sure whether that will hit the main program any time soon, will take some time to mature.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

My first go at animating him (With a custom Curvy plugin), rendered with ambient occlusion in an experimental renderer.

mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

That is brilliant Simon. I am currently doing three quarter views anims for a bunch of characters for the new game and am getting kind of frustrated at it all. lol.

Looks good.

Mike
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

A little bit of movement helps show off the shape of the model - even fairly simple "puppet" type motion. The IK stuff should come in handy making normal poses too. I'm also planning on adding a centre of gravity marker too so it is easier to make natural looking standing poses.

Hopefully after making a set of animation for this game I'll have a fairly good idea of what tools I need to polish up to make Curvy into a handy sprite generator. I'm more interested in adding smart puppet tools than a full keyframe/curve graphs system like heavier apps.
kenmojr

Post by kenmojr »

Looks good....
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

Looks real good Simon. I plan to start using Curvy on my laptop more once I get a desk. Currently, my monitor is sitting on a speaker box and my mouse on another whilst sitting on the floor. Quite painful and with this sitting pose, I can expect to get no work done for any long periods of time. Great work on your character as well as the animation. I like it puppet style.
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
bigH
Curvy3D Professional

Post by bigH »

this is so cool :)
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

I'm slowly adding more generic animation features. As well as the walk cycle I now have simple keyframe interpolation. I suspect I am now far more limited by my raw animation skills than by the technicalities of expressing that animation in Curvy.
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

Very intriguing. Can't wait to see more expamples.
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

bigH
Curvy3D Professional

Post by bigH »

super - wish I could use it in DazStudio :)