Here's a couple done over the past 24 hours with 2.0

Show us your Curvy art here
Midnight Carnival

Here's a couple done over the past 24 hours with 2.0

Post by Midnight Carnival »

sculptor

Post by sculptor »

nice shape forming going on here
i look forward to seeing how you develop your curvy3d creations midnight 8)
Midnight Carnival

Thanks, man!

Yeah, not too good with the warp tools yet or else the monkey's feet would've been a bit more refined. =D
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

For toon style images using the Widget Move tool is better than the surface sculpting tools - it gives a smoother result.
Midnight Carnival

Simon, question about the move tool - when I go to use it I notice that it tends to drag the entire curve as opposed to just tugging and pulling on one area of the curve. And if I pull quickly it pulls the entire curve away from the object like pulling away a wire.

Is there some modifier key that I should be using along with widget move so that it focuses on specific parts of the curve as opposed to just moving the entire curve?

I know in poly modelers you would normally have intersecting edges and vertices so that that you could pull and shape specific areas. In Curvy, I've found that if I go to make cross hatching curves it tends to make a mess.
sculptor

Post by sculptor »

use widgit move tool(hold left mouse button down on move tool then select)
then adjust using shape and scale down at the bottom right
drag on them with left mouse button :)
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

You can also use the number keys 12345567890 to choose a scale for the widget move brush.

If you want to model a smaller area (like you might want to by adding horizontal curves) it is usually best to draw a new object and merge them later, or use the Curvy Map, or convert to mesh and use the surface sculpting tools.

[Older versions of Curvy did have horizontal curves, and it worked a bit like a patch based modeller - but I decided it was too slow and complicated to use]