Electronics

Show us your Curvy art here
Simon
C.E.O.

Electronics

Post by Simon »

Trying out some more rendering - once again the modelling took very little time in Curvy! I think you need a lot more photography skills than sculpting/painting skills to do raytracing.

In Yafaray (Blender)

Some of the metal parts are so reflective, they almost disappear against their surroundings.
The connecting metal lines were fun to make - I had a green loft above a metal loft, and as I painted the Curvy map of the metal it rose up above the green in a channel. You can see this in action along the front edges.

In Curvy
Last edited by Simon on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sculptor

Post by sculptor »

It just shows the capacitor of curvy to model anything, i don't see how anyone could resistor it, its like most sculptures it has a chip in it and you have really short circuited 3d development time there. Its electrifying . :)
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Hehe :D

I've updated with a slow render...

sculptor

Post by sculptor »

in the light traced renders there are some beautiful things happening with the light in the printed circuit board and on the wires and circuit track. They have become art forms.
but you know for technical illustration of a pcb (say in a manual or something) i think the curvy image works best.

in fact, thinking about it , curvy would be very good for technical illustrators. Often i have difficulty finding out where a link is on a motherboard or something similar. Curvy could give a very visual guide to location.
Also the same could be said for self assembly of furniture etc.
It could save a lot of time and money to manufacturers and a great reduction of product returns.