sleep sweetly sleep

Show us your Curvy art here
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Mr.Nemo I'm not quite sure what you mean - 100% black parts of the inflated image get 'cut out' in the same way that an alpha might cut them out. If it would be useful to have alpha used during inflate I could look into supporting TGA with alpha as an inflate format.
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

The reason I was saying that was because it puts alot of jaggies on the edges. If there was a way to eliminate that, that would be awesome.
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Aha, you could use a image that never actually goes to black, then use an alpha in the texture map to cut-out the edges (Like I did in the football helmet example)
sculptor

Post by sculptor »

I think one of the answers for working with the new curvy is to have some simple shapes available.

for example
http://homepages.tesco.net/sculptor/abox.obj
which is a simple box (only 12 faces )
This i use for cutting off the back of inflates (make sure they have mirrored backs to stop surface break up).
or for cutting simple lathed objects for that matter( works brilliantly).

I keep on scaling down inlated and merged meshes to stop myself running out of memory. problem is if you go too far you suddenly lose all detail. So once there is some kind of feedback on mesh size i will find it easier.