Giant technicolour triangles!

Ingerson

Giant technicolour triangles!

Post by Ingerson »

I've been trying to use the Giveaway of the Day version. I think I'm doing a bit better than most GOTD users. I can actually see the icons etc. Well, at least I can see them at first...

But when I try to draw anything, I don't see any 3d shapes. Just giant 2d triangles that slant down from the top left corner, covering the whole display, making it impossible to read.

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, how do you fix it?
PuterMan

Post by PuterMan »

I was pretty excited when I saw the software that was being offered on GOTD today as I’d been wanting to try my hand at 3D for quite some time but really needed something easy to start off with. However after reading all the comments listing the various problems that people were encountering, I didn’t hold out much hope.
However the program did download and install faultlessly on my XP SP3 system without having to run the SETCURVYPATH.exe. My problems started when I tried to actually use the program. I had exactly the same result as Ingerson @ #117 with the giant technicolour triangles all over the screen. Scary! Having seen Macaques comment(#112) I decided to try a driver update before I gave up on it and went to the Intel site where an online scan of my computer informed me that I did need one. (And to Hamtey,#127, this machine’s only 18 months old!)
Anyway, after a reboot I restarted the program, not expecting very much, but lo and behold! This time it worked! Looks quite promising, too…So hopefully I’m now on my way to becoming a whiz at 3D modelling, lol!
Thank you so much to Aartform, the folks at GOTD and also to you, Macaque for steering me in the right direction. Hopefully this might work for a few other people with problems, too
This was post 174 by AnneMarie in the GOTD forum and I think should answer your question.
Ingerson

Post by Ingerson »

Thanks. I must've missed that. :D
Last edited by Ingerson on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingerson

Post by Ingerson »

Well, I tried that advice, and took a trip to the Intel website for the scan of my computer. Apparently I have some kind of strange, non-standard graphics card, and I'll have to contact the card's manufacturer for updates. :x

So... How do I find out who that is? Any suggestions?
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

A lot of laptop cards and some older desktop cards do not have the capability to run Curvy. GeForce2 or better cards are recommended.
PuterMan

Post by PuterMan »

Ingerson wrote:Well, I tried that advice, and took a trip to the Intel website for the scan of my computer. Apparently I have some kind of strange, non-standard graphics card, and I'll have to contact the card's manufacturer for updates. :x

So... How do I find out who that is? Any suggestions?
Right click on an empty space on the deaktop and go to properties. Click the Settings tab and it should tell you which graphics card you have.