Unable to activate GOTD version

Dialer

Unable to activate GOTD version

Post by Dialer »

This looks like such a nice program, but when I tried to install it, using the readme instructions, I didn't get any username or key to put in the window. However, I did get GOTD's standard page saying that the program had been activated. Without a username and key, the program closes.

I can get the demo version to create and export a model although it looks as though the texturing (paint) feature isn't available. (I chose .obj, which I was able to import and render in Bryce.)

I'm on IE7, Vista HP, running it with the UAC turned off.

I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide so I can take advantage of your generous freebie offered today. Many thanks.

(BTW, I posted in this forum as I didn't see anyplace else that seemed appropriate.)
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Advice from GAOTD:

After downloading, double click the “Activate” file, extract all, right click on the extracted “setup”, click “Run as administrator” to install. While installing do not check “Launch” button but check “Desktop Icon” button. After installation, double click the extracted “Activate ‘ file. Then double click the “Curvy 3D” desktop icon to launch the program. You can click the help menu to see the help topics and tutorials. This is the way I installed successfully in my Vista Home Premium PC.
Thanks a lot GOTD.

Comment by Mahad — January 16th, 2009 at 7:02 am
Dialer

Post by Dialer »

Thank you! Unchecking the default launch and using the desktop shortcut did the trick very nicely. :D

And thanks again for making this available as a freebie today. :mrgreen:
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Glad to hear that worked - have fun with it :)
Dialer

Post by Dialer »

Thanks, Simon.

I'm especially excited because I'm usually very slow at learning such software. But since I was able to create and export a usable - although odd looking *lol* - .obj file from the demo version without looking at any documentation, I expect the learning curve on this will be next to nothing compared with Blender, for example.
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

That's the idea :) There are tutorials in the help file that will be useful. A lot of Curvy users were disappointed by the complexity of other 3D apps - then started making excellent models with Curvy.

Good luck!
Dialer

Post by Dialer »

BTW, you might want to update your website to reflect that Curvy 3D exports .obj files. My recollection is that I saw only .3ds mentioned. I was willing to settle for that, since I can import .3ds files to Bryce, but I also use DAZ|Studio, which can import .obj but not .3ds files.

If I get proficient with Curvy, I'll definitely want to get the paid version at some point down the road ... as long as the price remains under $100, that is. ;)
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Thanks for the tip, I have added OBJ to the info page :)
Dialer

Post by Dialer »

You're welcome. It's the least I could do, considering your generosity and quick assistance today. :mrgreen:
np

KEY CODE

Post by np »

GOTD Giveaway of the Day

Simon,

Would you please supply the key code? I am unable to use the app although I installed it just as you recommended. Thank you.