blagh.. no worky

suga

blagh.. no worky

Post by suga »

i tried downloading the demo onto my laptop to test it out, it sounds neat.
I opened it, and got an amazingly useless screen: to the right are the words "tools", "object properties", etc.. all just text. to the left are the four screens.. i tried creating something, and it would do nothing but make badly shaped lines.

i just downloaded this onto my desktop, and everything shows up this time.. i'm really excited to try this program, but my laptop is my primary machine for modeling etc.. any ideas on why it may be behaving in this way? and maybe how to fix? if i can get it working, it may prove to be an invaluable tool.

From what i've heard, it sounds worth the $80 or so. I just need it to work on my laptop first.
Mr.Nemo
Board Chairman

Post by Mr.Nemo »

Laptops have issues with Curvy. It could possibly be your graphics card. Do you happen to have all the drivers for it and newest directx?
C is missing : Scream's pain of Clicking dost my Keyboard a Thinkin'. I need a new Laptop.
cabletoru
Curvy3D Professional

Post by cabletoru »

Simon wrote:by the by, I found out why Curvy was 'rendering in black' on laptops - they seem to only support a small (65,000 vertex limit) version of DirectX. Discovered when I finally got my own laptop!
[posted into private forums]
Simon has only just discovered what the problem is himself, so hopefully he will be able to come up with a solution for laptop users.
Using a computer so old...
even the old testament refers to it as a fossil