Help!

mebcowcallum

Help!

Post by mebcowcallum »

Hi im a bit new to this whole modeling thing and have just got the free vesion on curvy 3d from 3d world magazine. I have been trying my hardest to try and work out how to use this thing but cant get the hang of it, does anyone have any tips and tutorils would be great!

This is the only complete thing i have maneged- :(

Renderd in project dogwaffle[/url]
Monsoon
Curvy3D Professional

Post by Monsoon »

Well an apple is a good start.

The first thing you have to understand is that Curvy is a lathe modeler.
It makes lathe objects and also makes line objects and what's known as lofts as a secondary.

Since most lathes work in the round so to speak, you cannot make anything that is cubical in nature.

The very best thing for you to do is go to the tutorial section here and download the UserGuide and peruse what tuts are there.

Then, if you have any questions, we'll be here. You must do the User Guide first. I could go on and on but there's no sense in my writing what's already written.

Since you are new to modeling, I would google lathes and lofts and read up on those two model types.
Monsoon
Curvy3D Professional

Post by Monsoon »

I know the User Guide is for version 1.5. Doesn't matter. Except for the mesh tools, all the principles are the same.
postmodernboy

Post by postmodernboy »

The tutorials are all dead links when I click on them. Is anyone else having this problem?
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

What tutorials are you talking about? I checked the ones here on the forum and they are all working ok.

Cheers

Mike R
Simon
C.E.O.

Post by Simon »

Try double clicking on "UserGuide.chm" in the Curvy1.5 demo - the tutorials should work from there.

I guess you might be using links from the Curvy1.0 help files which mioght be out of date by now.