My workflow with Current Curvy Beta.

mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

My workflow with Current Curvy Beta.

Post by mykyl »

Thought I would post some info on how I work with Curvy now.

Step one - Create the basic shape of the object without worrying about crooked lines as these can be smoothed.

Crooked line.

Select crooked line by right clicking your mouse on the line. The selected line will turn Yellow. Press the 'S' key to smooth this line.

Smoothed.

Step 2 - Reduce the resolution of the model using the resolution slider. I reduce it drastically. This model was reduced to 140 faces. I thn convert to mesh using the menus. 'Mesh' then 'Convert to Mesh'.

Reduced mesh.

Step 3 - Use the widget move tool at a low setting to tweak the basic shape of the model then Subdivide once. )You can also 'Right click' over any parts of the wireframe to select them and then move/rotate/scale these parts without fear of changing other parts of the model.

Subdivide.

Step 4 - Using the widget tools mold your model closer to the shape you want. Either by digging into or raising parts of the model. Dont worry too much about strange shapes as these can be 'smoothed' out using the 'S' key again. (F2 shows or hides the wireframe) Subdivide as needed.

Thats all for now. I will re-edit the above as I go along. Trying to think of a model I want to make that will be simple enough to show the steps.

Cheers

Mike R
mamasw

Post by mamasw »

Thanks! Great instructions for basic modeling :D
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook
kenmo

Post by kenmo »

Thanks muchly....
mykyl
Curvy3D Professional

Post by mykyl »

Good to see you found us. :D

Cheers

Mike R